Terms & Conditions
Policies and Procedures - The Great Canadian Staycation Inc.
The Great Canadian Staycation Inc. (“The Great Canadian Staycation”) is committed to the safety of all persons participating in The Great YYC Staycation Event (“YYC Staycation Event”) including, but not limited to, YYC Staycation Event participants (the “Participants”), business owners, community members, and volunteers.
The Great Canadian Staycation is actively promoting and following the current Alberta Health Services (“AHS”) orders, regulations, and guidelines (collectively referred to as the “AHS Guidelines”) and keeping a close eye on changing trends relating to the Covid-19 pandemic and advice from the medical community. The Great Canadian Staycation encourages all Participants to do the same. The Great Canadian Staycation is committed to encouraging the highest standards of physical distancing, mask-wearing, and sanitary procedures.
By agreeing to these terms, each Participant is also agreeing to abide by all AHS Guidelines focused on decreasing the spread of Covid-19.
Participants acknowledge and agree that:
- Adherence to the Alberta Health Services (AHS) latest Covid-19 guidelines is MANDATORY.
- On August 1, 2020, masks will be MANDATORY when entering all indoor establishments in Calgary. The Great Canadian Staycation Inc. encourages mask wearing for all scavenger hunt activities outside of your own home.
- Scavenger hunt teams MUST only include people within your household, cohort family, or Covid-19 isolating bubble.
- We STRONGLY encourage the maximum number of people in a group is limited to five (5).
- Maintaining physical distancing of at least 2 metres between yourself and anyone outside of your household or cohort family at all times is MANDATORY.
- If an individual presents Covid-19 symptoms, they should not participate in any non-virtual challenges and must follow all AHS Guidelines on how to proceed.
- The Great Canadian Staycation Inc. does not condone the formation of crowds or mass gatherings. We are encouraging all participants to avoid groups of people and skip challenges if gatherings have occurred.
Safety adherence and compliance to all AHS Guidelines is paramount to proceeding with the YYC Staycation Event.
All events and activities happening during the YYC Staycation Event are subject to change based on the Covid-19 pandemic and other related factors. Updates to the YYC Staycation Event will be made as soon as possible via our outreach channels. Participants are expected to follow AHS Guidelines regardless of when or whether The Great Canadian Staycation provides an update via our outreach channels.
The Great Canadian Staycation is a family-friendly event that offers challenges suited for all age groups. However, the following policies must be followed to ensure the safety of Participants.
- Any person under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while participating in the YYC Staycation Event and are not permitted to participate on their own.
- The Great Canadian Staycation is promoting establishments with liquor licenses in place, but we are not promoting or requiring the consumption of alcohol or drugs to participate in the YYC Staycation Event. The Great Canadian Staycation does not permit minors (individuals under the age of 18) to purchase or consume any alcohol or drugs under any circumstance while participating in the YYC Staycation Event.
- The Great Canadian Staycation is not liable for any minor (individuals under the age of 18) consuming alcohol or drugs while participating in the YYC Staycation Event. Each establishment participating in the YYC Staycation Event must abide by their Alberta Gaming, Liquor, and Cannabis license to ensure that minors will not be served while participating in The Great Canadian Staycation or the YYC Staycation Event.
Release and Waiver of Liability
The Great Canadian Staycation wants everyone to have the ability to participate in the YYC Staycation Event in a fun and safe way. Challenges range in the level of physical ability required.
By agreeing to these Policies and Procedures, you are also agreeing to participate in the YYC Staycation Event at your own risk. The Great Canadian Staycation is not liable for any injuries incurred at any point for any reason while participating in the YYC Staycation Event.
The Great Canadian Staycation is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen property while participating in the YYC Staycation Event.
Each Participant acknowledges and accepts personal responsibility for their own physical safety and belongings and the physical safety and belongings of others.
Let’s Roam Application and Social Media
Participants acknowledge and agree that all content, usernames, photos, videos, and contact information (the “Content”) submitted to The Great Canadian Staycation and the YYC Staycation Event social media accounts can be redistributed by The Great Canadian Staycation for the uses of marketing, advertising, promotion, and reference.
The YYC Staycation Event Flash Challenges will be run via the social media platform of Instagram. Flash Challenges will follow all Terms and Conditions within each stated platform, please see the individual sites and documents for more information.
The Content from the YYC Staycation Event and the Great Canadian Staycation social media accounts will also be collected for the purpose of determining and contacting the winning Participant.
To be eligible for any giveaway from The Great Canadian Staycation or the YYC Staycation Event, each Participant must be over the age of 18 and must provide proof of their age if required. The Great Canadian Staycation holds the right to determine that all challenges in the YYC Staycation Event were completed correctly by the Participant to obtain the points stated on the leaderboard. If there is any discrepancy or concern regarding fraudulent, fake, or duplicate entries, The Great Canadian Staycation can and will eliminate that Participant from the YYC Staycation Event. Lastly, giveaways will be distributed on a team basis, not to individual Participants. It is up to the team to determine how to divide amongst the team.
If a team is one of the giveaway winners, The Great Canadian Staycation will contact a team representative on September 1, 2020. The representative will then have seven (7) days to respond and claim the giveaway. If no response is received, The Great Canadian Staycation reserves the right to revoke the giveaway and move on to the next most winning team or Participant on the Leaderboard.
If the team or Participant does claim the giveaway within the seven (7) day period, they have another seven (7) days to determine what local businesses they want to be included in their giveaway. If confirmation is not received, The Great Canadian Staycation reserves the right to create the giveaway without input from the winning team.
Failure to follow any of the Policies and Procedures listed above, and as amended from time to time, will result in immediate disqualification from the YYC Staycation Event and forfeiture of any ability to win any of the giveaways offered by The Great Canadian Staycation in the YYC Staycation Event. If needed, the Calgary Police Service will be contacted, and tickets and/or fines will be given as appropriate.
These policies and procedures are subject to change at any point and updates will be provided by the Great Canadian Staycation as soon as feasibly possible.
Each contest entrant (“Entrant”) agrees to be bound by the following contest guidelines (the “Contest Guidelines”):
Each contest is governed by the contest rules (the “Short Rules”) located on the individual contest page (a “Contest Page”) and these Contest Guidelines.
The Short Rules and Contest Guidelines may be amended at any time without prior notice to Entrants.
The Great YYC Staycation release the Royal Bank of Canada from any liability in connection with any contest.
No contest is in any way sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with Instagram.
Only Entrants who abide by the Short Rules and these Contest Guidelines are eligible to win a prize.
Each contest is open to legal residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY to participate in a contest.
Entrants are required to enter a contest in the manner indicated on a Contest Page.
If entrants are required to post anything through social media in order to gain a contest entry, then the entrant must disclose this fact in each and every post using #ContestEntry in order to participate in the contest.
Entrants are selected by a random number generator or by random comment picker depending on number of valid entries.
Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
Winning Entrants are notified within 12 hours of selection through @yycstaycay on Instagram (unless specified otherwise on a Contest Page).
Winning Entrants must reply to @yycstaycay within 24 hours of being notified.